Friday, December 14, 2012

Good Friends, good times, LOL...

All of yesterday's activities ended in the grand finale of spending the evening with good friends who share a common bond...quilting, sharing lots of stories and memories, making more memories but most of all sharing love for one another. Needless to say that our Christmas party was a lot of fun, we had lots of great food and all the gifts were carefully thought out and everyone went home with something awesome. Cindy and Rosalee did a wonderful job of hosting the evening. Thank you Cindy and Rosalee.
I was very remiss and did not take any photos of the festivities. I guess I am not a very good roving reporter. I was just enjoying myself too much to think about snapping photos. I will try to do better next time.

I did manage to get the house in order yesterday, at least the public areas. I did not get into the studio except to wrap up the gifts for last evening. So today would be a good day to get down there and clean up a bit before I start cutting out the baby quilt. Tina is going to come over tomorrow to quilt a t-shirt quilt for her son for a Christmas present therefore I need to get the room ready. We will also be running over to a local quilt shop so I can pick up some fabric to add the binding on the table runner that is waiting to be finished. So I will work on that while she is quilting. This evening Tina and I are running over to Warren, Pa to pick up my machine, she has a machine to drop off and she can play on the new Tiara quilting machine. We might just do some other shopping too.

Lots to do this weekend starting today, the baby quilt, curtains for the baby Jake's room, dye some socks, t-shirts and big girl panties for a Christmas present for GD#1. Speaking of dyeing, I have to dye my hair so that I can get highlights put in on Monday, I must say that this type of dyeing is not one of my favorites. I also need to enter 2 more months of business info into the computer, a little of that everyday is all I can take because that is also not one of my favorite things to do. I would rather be in the studio creating things. One of my resolutions for next year is to keep up with this job so I don't have a lot to do at one time at the end of the year. Can you help hold me accountable to that next year?

The sun is shining here and it looks to be a beautiful day, I hope that you have a wonderful day no matter where you are or what you have on your plate to do today. May the Christmas spirit be with you as you go about your day.

No comments: