Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Successful day...

Yesterday was a rather successful day all around. I dropped my machine off at Domestic Sewing Center in Warren Ohio. I must sing their praises. They are wonderful people. Their customer service is number one. Linda is a great sales person too without being overly pushy. She showed me the new BabyLock Tiara sit down quilting machine and I must admit that I was lusting for one by the time I left. I seriously don't have the room for one nor can I afford one right now but it was nice to play on such a beautiful high quality machine. If anyone is looking for a good machine but doesn't have the room for a long arm or doesn't want to quilt standing up this is a great machine. Just a little plug for Linda. Good machines, good people and good service. I like going over to her shop. I didn't even get all the way through the door before she was asking me what I brought for show and tell.

Back on the home front, I managed to get the rest of the quilting done on my Christmas quilt. I finished the background fill around the Dresden plates, added another 2 ovals inside the interlocking oval border design, and put orange peals into the center circles of the stars.

I hope you can see the detail. Click on the photo for a larger image. Today, I will attach the binding while still on the longarm. I have attached binding once before with the longarm so I will give it a try again since I don't have Lilly for the time being. I also plan on quilting the Christmas table runner for a customer today. If I can get it to the binding stage I will be happy.

I also went up to the school to walk. It is open in the evenings for people to use to walk for exercise. I am into my second week of walking regularly up there. I am hoping that it will help me with my stamina and get me back into shape.

I mailed off a package for Kate yesterday, shush, it's her birthday present. Don't tell.

My first task for today is to work on some more of my business paper work and get it ready for tax season. Jeff likes to get an early start on working on the taxes.
Then I will get to the studio to work. It will be a busy day.

I hope that you have a wonderful day.

No comments: