Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Road trip...

A road trip is in my plans for today. I was waiting to see what the weather was going to be like before I made definite plans but I think it is going to be ok to go over to Warren and take Lilly in for a checkup and repair job. We got a dusting of snow last night but the rest of the day looks like it will be good to go. My appointment went well yesterday at the doctors. Another good to go report. So now Lilly needs to get better so that we can continue to sew up a storm.

I worked on cleaning up the studio a little, and I do mean a little. Not a lot done on that range but enough so I can keep working. I then worked on the Christmas quilt. I have the side and bottom border done now and started to do the background fill work. I thought that it was going to be a rather slow process since I am doing a rather tight fill design but since there is not that much area left to quilt it is going a lot faster than I anticipated. I think I worked it for about an hour and got 1/3 of it done. So it should be off the frame soon. I won't promise today since I have to go to Warren. I might get side tracked with some shopping and not get back right away. Here is a shot of what that background fill is going to look like and how it makes the other motifs pop.
It is turning out much better than I had anticipated. I want to get this finished asap.

I need to share this photo of Brianne. She was not impressed with the jolly old fellow and did not want to sit on his lap so this is the best photo that Lindsey could get of her with him, but Lindsey had to sit with them too. I laughed so hard the first time I saw it.
I think we have a little stinker on our hands. Don't you agree?

Well, I have my plans for the day and I need to start to execute them or they will just hang out there without some action. So have a great day and be safe in all of your activities.

No comments: