Friday, August 3, 2012

More work to be done and already done.

I had a new customer drop off a quilt for me to finish. It is a t-shirt quilt and I am to quilt it and bind it. It is pretty big at 88X106". That is the 2nd quilt dropped off this week. Things are picking up again. Woo Hoo.

I went out to take a peek at the ice dyed fabrics. There is still a layer of ice in the center that needs to melt but they look like they are going to be gorgeous. I can't wait to pull them out and gaze upon their loveliness, then to wash, dry, iron and fold all that loveliness. Another woo hoo.

For the rest of today I am going to work on my studio clean-over, then this afternoon I am going to make a trip into Boardman, with Tina, to pick up 3 bolts of bamboo cotton fabric at Joanne's Fabrics, that they are holding for me. That will give me plenty to work with for a little while. Another woo hoo.

The backing fabric for C's quilt is done and ready to baste together. I worked on K's quilt while the other was dyeing, washing and drying. I got a good portion of it quilted. It is going to be stunning. It is a wallhanging taken from Alex Anderson's Neutral Quilts book. Very elegant, understated and gorgeous without any quilting so I know the quilting can take it over the top to spectacular. I hope I can do it justice. So far so good.

As far as the clean over is going this is what I got done yesterday. Along with all the fabric dyeing that helped clean out one full shelf in one cabinet I sorted folded and organized 2 boxes of monogrammed linens that had been sitting on the floor in front of my hand dyed fabrics cabinet for a good year.
See the 2 boxes on the left side of the picture? Those 2 boxes are now this.
and this.
That bottom shelf holds all the linens that were in those 2 boxes. I'm loving it. Another big woo hoo for the home team. This studio just might get organized after all.

Now is the time to get back to work. I still have that big to do list to get done in which this studio clean-over is just a small part of. Let's crack that whip and get back to work.

Have a great day and remember to be thankful for the unexpected. You never know where it might lead you.






1 comment:

Tina said...

I like the new format, and the new colors.