Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Playing catch up...

Today's post will not only divulge those things that I finished in my catch up game but also several things that I forgot to mention too. First of all, I set my goal yesterday to quilt until I got 4 bobbins worth of quilting in the Grandmother's flower garden quilt since I didn't get any work done on it over the weekend. I kept track of how long it took me to finish off a bobbin. I averaged just around one hour per bobbin, that is pretty intense quilting too. So after the first 2 bobbins I took a lunch break and after lunch I loaded another quilt on Lola's frame (my longarm).
Here is a peak at that quilt.
I figured that I could get some more relaxing quilting done in between the intense sessions on the other quilt. That was a really good idea. I finished up the other 2 bobbins by about 4:30 and quilted on Lola until supper time. I was able to get about 1/3 of that quilt done. Woo Hoo. If I can crank out about the same today, I will be able to have some time to work on some of my own pieces by the end of the week. I am so excited. So this is one thing that I got caught up on.

I forgot to mention yesterday in my post that I took some time to enjoy the meteor shower Sunday night. I took a blanket out and laid down in the driveway away from the lights and studied the sky for glimpses of shooting stars. I saw 6. They were pretty spectacular. The sky started getting clouded over after about 45 minutes and I could not see many stars then and I was getting cold so I headed back in. To look up into the sky and contemplate the vastness of the universe, I don't understand how anyone could still deny that God exists. It's just amazing.

Now on to the story that I promised you yesterday on how God provides. Late Saturday evening, I was talking to God and said to Him, "You know I sent 2 quilts back to there owner's this week and I haven't gotten any more in to do." Usually, I get one in for everyone that leaves the house finished. Well, I had been gone most of Saturday and I never looked at the answering machine when I got home. Sunday morning as I was getting dressed for church, I noticed that the light on the answering machine was blinking. I pushed the play button and it was a previous customer saying that she had a quilt she would like quilted and proceeded to give me the dimensions of it, then she said that she also had another one and also gave me the dimensions of that one. Immediately, I did a little woo hoo, woo hoo dance and thanked God for the provision. I was sharing this with a quilting friend before church and she said isn't that amazing how specific God gets with us, that the customer even mentioned the sizes on the answering machine. I thought about it for a second and said you know God is amazing. Those are nearly the same sizes of the 2 quilts that I finished and returned last week. Isn't God truly amazing. I am down to 4 customer quilts and I was getting a little concerned that I wouldn't have any income once I had those 4 done. No! God is good and He is helping me to pace myself and still have time to do the other things that I need to do. God gives us spectacular shows in nature to enjoy and He provides our needs too. How awesome is that?

Well, now it is time for me to go and play some more catch up games in my studio. So have a great day and be on the look out for how God meets your every need.

1 comment:

tina said...

It is amazing that when you let something go to his hands he does take care of it. Not always the way we want, but the way he wants. We need to remember to accept what he gives us.