Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Small progress is part of larger wins...

I managed to get some cleaning done in my studio yesterday, not as much as I had hoped for but a good start none the less. This morning before the sun gets too hot I am going outside and work in my flower bed. I still have dirt to spread around. My morning energy levels have been pretty low of late but I think I can get out there today and get a good bit done before I crash. The air conditioning will feel real nicde when I come back in.

There are lots of things that need to be done before next weekend. I am hosting a fabric dyeing day with my friend Tina for our quilting group and friends. This is our 3rd year I think of doing this. We have a great time, everyone brings a covered dish to share, we work outside dyeing fabric and/or other projects for those who don't want to dye fabric. This year our theme is a Hawaiian theme and so I need to get my projects all lined up and make sure I have enough supplies on hand. We have had around 12 each time. There is always good food and lots of sharing going on. That's one reason I want to have the flower bed done.

I finished up 3 small wallhangings over the weekend along with one table runner. I just have to hand stitch the binding down, good projects for evening TV watching. I will get photos of these soon. Once I get the studio cleaned up (another of those things that need done before next weekend) I am going to pull out another customer quilt and get it started. I have been alternating doing some of my projects with my cusomer's quilts so that I don't feel deprived of getting anything done for myself.

Well, I think I have procrastinated long enough this morning, if I don't get outside soon it will be too hot to work for long. So I best be getting out there.

Have a great day and do something kind for someone today, that could be just giving them a smile and a warm greeting. These small things can mean more than some grand gesture.

No comments: