Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Enjoying the outdoors a little more...

There is so much to post today picture wise. I will have to break it up into 2 posts or else it will get unbearably long. I will give you all the outdoor pictures today and then tomorrow I will show you the pictures of the quilted projects that I promised you the other day, was that only yesterday that I alluded to those? Wow it seems like last week. Any how, here is were I am sitting this morning posting this.

I bought this patio set last summer and I haven't even used it much. I need to come out here more often and enjoy the fresh air and the sounds of the birds singing. I even heard a hummingbird earlier buzzing through. I think that he is a little upset with me because I am sitting a little too close to his feeder for his comfort. He went up and lit on a branch and just watched me for a while. Don't worry, there are 2 other feeders he can go to for his breakfast. He won't starve.

I switched up the order in which I do my blog this morning. I got a rather late start due to a bad headache that I have been battling with over the past 3 days. I am going through caffeine withdrawal. Need I say more? So I went outside to work in the dirt pile first before it got too hot. This is what I did yesterday, the second pile of dirt was conquered.
I don't know if you can even tell how much was done but let me tell you it was enough. I had sweat pouring down into my eyes, stinging like crazy, and my feet were black when I was done. DH brought the stepping stones around that we made with DDIL and DGD.
Aren't they cute. I can't wait to put them in the place. So here is the pile I attacked this morning.
And here you can see how much I managed to move.
It looks like Georgie is trying to take credit for all the work that was done this morning but don't let her fool you. She had me throwing the tennis ball for her and if I ignored her for too long she let me know by barking continually. She wants to play all the time. I would try to make her hunt for the ball by throwing it in different directions but after a couple of times of doing that she wised up and waited for me to throw it before starting to run. She still has me throwing the ball for her while I am doing this.

The rest of the day I am going to go back into my studio and work on more projects. I have to get another customer quilt ready to quilt. I have been putting it off long enough. I also started another redwork piece yesterday. It is on a linen napkin. It will be beautiful. I also need to start a Hawaiian pillow cover too. I have a quilt that I have collected fabrics for since DD#1 was at the Air Force Academy and I would like to start it and do a Hawaiian pillow to go with it. The quilt will be made with indigo blue batiks and white. That will be really nice in a pillow top too.

Well, I best get myself back inside to work. It has been fun posting the blog from outside today, although the heat is beginning to pick up now and I am in the shade so I know that I would not have gotten much done in the big dirt pile had I waited. Good call.

Have a wonderful day and be thankful for schedules that can be flexible enough to allow us to get done that which is important and not just what has to be done. Our to do lists can always be tweaked to allow time for what is most important to us.

(I think I have created a monster with Georgie, now she is going to want me to sit on the patio all the time so I can throw the ball for her. She has not stopped since I came out here. She should be ready for a nap though soon.)

No comments: