Monday, December 19, 2011

Small wallhangings finished

At our quilt groups Christmas party, we each received a small box with a pattern and fabrics to make one of the small wallhanging in the pattern. They measure about 12-13". So I got at and made up a few. My friend Tina, had her Stitch and Bitch get together on Saturday and so I took these little beauties to show and tell and to work on some more. Here is what I managed to get done so far.

This is the first one that I got done. These were the fabrics that were in the little kit, except for the letters that spell out Joy, that was from my stash. One thing that I did that I changed in subsequent pieces was that I quiled the background before I stitched down the letters and they started to come loose a little and shift when I did stitch them down. So in the rest of them, I did a loose satin stitch around the letters and then quilted them.

Here is the Noel block.

I love the non traditional color scheme of this little block. It still says Christmas without being strictly red and green.

This little one is so cute. It is a snow globe. You chose a fabric that you can fussy cut for the scene in the circle, fuse it to your background, cover it with vinyl, satin stitch around it and leave an opening at the bottom and fill it will some fine beads or confetti, finish stitching it shut and cut away the excess vinyl. So cute. I will make more of these. These would be so fun to make with a photo of someone inside and put confetti in it and give as birtday prestents.
These little pieces only took about one hour start to finish to make. So fun.
What projects are you finishing up before Christmas? These could be done quickly if you needed some last minute gifts.

I hope that you enjoyed seeing the work I finished over the weekend. Be kind to someone else today and be thankful for what you have. Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Lindsey M said...

I still love the globe!! Great idea! :)