Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas wrap up part 2

Yesterday, I managed to get most of the laundry done, one load still in the dryer. I got the grocery shopping done. I delivered 2 "love baskets" that the church ladies put together for shut-ins or the ill.
I finished a window seat cushion, so all my Christmas presents are done. I went and picked up the Pack and Play that DH bought. So now today I will be cleaning up a storm getting the house in tip top shape for DD and baby.

So much to do today. I made my list and I am checking it twice but not to find out who has been naughty or nice but to make sure that I get everything done that I need to do. My brain is not functioning as well as it once did so these lists are very useful. They help me to stay on track with what I am doing and also helps me not to forget something that is important. New strategies are being employed to help me stay focused and organized. It is not that they are "new" strategies as they have been used by many people for centuries. I am just finding that I am needing to employ them myself now at this stage of my life. So the lesson learned is don't be afraid to change the way you do things and try out some of the tried and true strategies that you have heard of like forever to help you get the job done what ever that job may be.

Christmas day is just a few days away but we need to keep the message of Christmas, the birth of a baby who would save the world from sin, in our hearts all year long. May love, peace, and joy fill your hearts and homes this holiday season and through out the new year to come.

Be grateful for all you have and do one kind deed today to make some one else's day a little merrier.
Have a great day.

No comments: