Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas decoration photos

Yesterday was quite a busy day but I was able to get the living room presentable for photos of the decorations. Here is the Christmas tree.

I was surprised that I couldn't find any tree lights at Wal-Mart. I ended up getting them at Big Lots.
I also got two sets of sparkly ornaments. I tried to stay with a red, white and gold color theme to the tree but I added pretty much all the ornaments that were glass regardless of color.

Here is the table scape on the entertainment buffet.

I used a gold wreath for a base, set my mom's punch bowl inside the wreath and filled it with red and white ornaments. I also tucked a birds nest into the front of the wreath and placed a bird ornament in front of the nest.

The kitchen buffet got a simpler arrangement of candles and Hallmark animated characters.

I still have to get downstairs and clean out the storage closet and then put all the boxes away. That will be my morning project and then I will work on putting 2 small bookcases together for my brother Bill. He needs extra storage in his apartment.

Today looks like a good day to finish up lots of little ends to projects. I have lots to get done before Christmas arrives. Lots to do indeed.

Have a great day and find one thing to be grateful for and one kindness to do for someone else.

No comments: