Monday, September 24, 2012

Sneak Peaks of my work in progress...

I have made lots of progress this weekend on the hand dyed quilt for the show. I better have since the show is this Saturday and it must be done for the set up on Friday. No worries. It will be done if the good Lord is willing. I have the last 26 or so inches to quilt then add the binding and label and it is good to go. If all works out as I hope it will be off the frame either this evening or tomorrow before lunch time. I don't want to rush it as I know when the muscles get tired I don't have good control of the machine and things get messy. I am going to allow for lots of short breaks in the work schedule so that the quilting stays well executed.

Here are some peaks at some of the quilting I have done so far. It isn't everything as this is just some sneak peaks.
This is the beginning of the border design and in the next photo you can see it a little more extended and how that will give the top of the quilt a nice finished looking edge.
Then I added a swirl fill after repeating the bracket motifs.

Here is one of the pieced blocks.
I quilted a flower motif in the center and surrounded it with a wishbone design. Really cute.

I have the bottom to quilt and it is what is going to make or break this quilt. I have some awesome ideas and now is the time to find out if I can execute them as well as I can envision them in my head. Here goes. I hope that many of you can get to see this quilt in person because I am thinking it is pretty special. I am excited to be creating something that is very different from what I normally do. Have I ever mentioned to you that I love to quilt. I love to create. I love fabric. I love to work with my hands. Is it wrong to enjoy ones work so much? I am very sorry for those people who feel stuck where they are and can't do what they are passionate about. I watched a movie this weekend The Ron Clark Story. It's about a teacher who went to pursue his dream of teaching in New York City, in Harlem. He was passionate about making a difference in kids lives. It is a great movie about what we can do to effect change in someone else's life when we are passionately driven to be that change. I hope that I can be that type of person. A person who lives life passionately to help others and bring hope of a better future. Be the change you wish to see in the world. It might not be a direct quote from Gandhi but it is still a good thought to help us get moving toward the right direction. If something is wrong or someone is in need and you have the ability to do something about it then do it. That is what I plan on doing more of.

I hope you have a great day and remember to be the change you wish to see. Start a revolution.

No comments: