Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Another panel raised...

The second ceiling panel got raised to the ceiling and attached. The velcro idea of adhering it did not give me the smooth results that I wanted so we went to stapling it up instead. DH helped me and I am so pleased with how it is turning out. You can begin to see the cabana striped affect that I was going for.



I will finish the 3rd panel soon at which time I will be able to take down the rest of the sheets covering the ceiling and dye them, quilt them and get them hung. This will be the last major project for my studio. Don't forget though that I am still doing a clean-over in there. There will be more photos to share as I continue to go through all the storage and book cases and get them all decluttered and re-organized.

Another project that I finished was retweeking my resume and Yes! I did get it sent out yesterday. While getting ready to work on that I cleaned off my desk.
Again. Once more you can see wood . Do you want to take any wagers on how long it will look like this?
I love my office space but I do tend to let the papers pile up especially when I am in the middle of a big project like this quilt that I also started yesterday for a client.
This is C's quilt and it is a beautiful antique Grandmother's Flower Garden pattern. Those hexegon's are 3/4". The color layout of this quilt is stunning. I just love to work on vintage pieces and give them a new lease on life. I hate to see these beautiful works of art created years ago by someone's grandmother lying lost in a trunk or box somewhere. It is going to take some time to get the quilting done as it is going to be very dense, equal to micro-stippling but not micro-stippling. I do not do stippling. It will be worth it in the end to have a piece to display proudly.

Since DH helped me out a lot yesterday, I am going to be making him a vinyl cover for his new rail gun. He does competions and he would like to have a cover for this gun to use to protect it. He deserves it, he does so much to help me out in the studio when I need an extra hand.

So you know where I will be for most of the day. I hope to get a large section of that quilt knocked out and that cover. I will put on season 3 of Grey's Anatomy and catch up. Stephanie got me hooked. Thanks for lending me your DVD's Steph. On to the quilting.

Have a great day and remember to break those big tasks that seem overwhelming down into smaller steps that don't seem so daunting and keep at them. You will be successful at getting them done.

2 comments:

tina said...

Love the ceiling "tiles" It looks wonderful.

Stephanie said...

Your Welcome! We need to get busy with Season 4 so you can have it!