Thursday, June 28, 2012

Waiting for more dirt and what to do in the meantime...

My to do list is still getting longer but I am getting things crossed off that I have been wanting to do or needing to do for a long time. I ordered another truck load of top soil, I am hoping it will be delivered today so that I can go to the plant auction tomorrow and find some beauties there that will fit into my new Hawaiian inspired garden. I went to Home Depot yesterday morning and got some white marble river rock to add to my path. Here is what it looked like before I added them.

I love the shadows that play across the ground. Here is what it looks like now that the flag stone have been rearranged just so and the river rock added between them.

And from a different angle.

I saw some hibiscus at Home Depot that I might have to go back and get. Nothing says Hawaii quite like hibiscus. I am thinking some nice pots sunk into the ground along the front edge with them in will be nice and then I could bring them in to overwinter.

A couple more things that I got done yesterday. I bought some pillow forms for the covers I bought in Hawaii. They really pop on the sofa.

I made my own invitations and got them all ready to mail out for the fabric dyeing day that has become an annual event for our quilt group. I have to go to the post office this morning to get stamps and get them sent off.
I also finished quilting the raffle quilt. The theme for our show this year is "If the Shoe Fits" and the quilt is a flip flop quilt. Here are some detail shots of it. I can't reveal it in its entirety as the designer in the group hasn't even seen it yet. Surprise, surprise.

And a peak at the border.

Can you see the sun motif? I had to keep with the fun beachy vibe and you can't enjoy the beach without some sun.

One thing I have been procrastinating about is this t-shirt quilt I have been trying to finish. I have to make some progress on it today. My goal was to have it ready to put it on Lola, my longarm machine, by the end of this week and since I still haven't started piecing the top together that won't be happening. So I have to go to the post office first thing, mail the invites, then get to work on the quilt.
No more excuses. Posting these things here really helps me to remain accountable so you should be seeing some pictures tomorrow of a finished or nearly finished quilt top, unless something else comes up that is more important. (Is that my way of allowing something else to get in the way of progress with this project again thus continuing in my procrastination?) Things will work out as they should. I am just the hands and feet that become the instruments for God to work out His plan. These are my plans for today but they are always adaptable if He has something else for me to do.

The scripture from my morning devotions today was Isaiah 55:8-9; "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Do I remember that His ways and thoughts are far greater than mine and that He truly has my best and your best interests at heart? I do believe this but sometimes I get so wrapped up in my thoughts and plans that I forget He has something different and better in store. So I hold up my plans to the creator of the universe and I allow Him to change them to what ever it is He has planned for me today.

I love you all and I pray that you have a wonderful day. Whatever you do, do it unto the Lord and it will be a great and fruitful day.

No comments: