Friday, June 29, 2012

Plans are they mine or His?

Do you remember how I mentioned my plans for yesterday and even though I wanted to get certain things done I would be open to letting God change them and doing what He asked of me? Well, God is so good and He actually blessed my productivity yesterday and He helped me get that quilt top done that I have been trying for months to do. T-shirt quilts are a great keepsake and a great way to recycle items that bring back lots of memories to us. They are also like a jigsaw puzzle to put together. I have not always enjoyed that part of the process. Trying to get a pleasing composition and making a lot of different sized blocks fit together cohesively. Well, God helped that all flow yesterday. I sorted the blocks out into piles of same sized patches, took one pile and began to sew them together, adding sashing strips between the blocks and to the sides of any that needed to be larger in order to fit in that row. I ended up with 5 vertical rows that then were joined together with a long sashing strip between them. I finished up by adding a 6 inch border all around. It ended up being 76" x 87", and finished it just after supper.

So you can see that God is good as He allowed my plans to be in alignment with His plans and on top of that He gave me good success with them. This scripture says it all. Proverbs 16:3. Commit your actions (or your work) to the Lord, and your plans will succeed. I was very pleased with how quickly and effortlessly this finally went together. Now today I need to go to Joann's and get some more fabric for the backing. I need 3 more yards. I think I saw the same piece when I was there last.
Two more truck loads of topsoil (good old dirt) were delivered. I didn't get out there to spread any of it yet but I do have that on my to do list for this weekend. The first load was delivered early in the morning and the second load after dinner. Thank you Steve for getting me all this lovely dirt to play in. This is the 1st pile.
And here are both piles.
Once again Georgie had to be out there checking it all out making sure it all smelled kosher. Well, it smelled but I wouldn't say it smelled good. It should be really good for growing nice plants.

Today I am off to Joann Fabrics to get the rest of the backing fabric then I will stop at the plant/produce auction on my way home to get some plants for the lovely new oasis. The rest of the plans for today are to get the t-shirt quilt on the frame so I can quilt when I need to cool off after working in the dirt. I have a new chicken recipe that I want to try out on the grill tonight. I invited DS and girlfriend for dinner.

So once again these are my plans but if God changes the direction that my day takes then I will be agreeable to make the changes and let Him take me where I need to be because I am convinced that He can see the whole picture better than I.

I just received word that a friend's husband passed away last evening, he was way too young. A rememberance that life is fragile and that we do need to commit our actions to the Lord, when we do that, no matter when we go to face Him, He will be able to say. "Well done my good and faithful servant." Ann my prayers and thougths are with you and your family during this time of loss. May His peace flood your heart.

Have a great day. I love you all and pray for the peace that passes all understanding that only comes by knowing who's you are and that He only wants the best for you.



No comments: