Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Another dream being realized...

I am pretty amazed at everything I got done yesterday. Of course I had a little help from my friend. I did get outside first thing and finished leveling out the dirt. This is how much area it covered and you can see that I have at least that much more area to do before I am finished.
Since this photo was taken DH removed some over head branches to let more sun get into this area. It will still be mostly shaded but the front edges will get some late morning/early afternoon sun. After Tina got off of work she came over to help me with the planting. We also moved some pretty big rocks that DH said wouldn't be getting moved. Once we got them where we wanted and positioned just so we sang a roaring chorus of "I am woman, hear me roar." We might not be able to do something by ourselves but we have great strength in numbers. Tina was here for about 1 hour and this is what we created together in that time.
Of course, Georgie, had to check out our work. She gave us her approval. I still have some more work to do on the stone pathway. We just laid those down so I could get the general feel of how I wanted that to go so we could position the plants properly. I will go out this evening to position those just so. I will also need to make a trip to Home Depot to get some small river rock to scatter between the flat rock, I want it to look like a dry river bed. The plan is to get some more dirt delivered tomorrow and go to the plant auction on Friday. I would like to get this all done by end of next week. Tina will also be bringing me more rock from her place to use as a border around the whole thing. It is coming together nicely. Thanks Tina for all of your help and the sacrifice of your time and strength to help me get this dream realized. It means so much to me.

I also put the raffle quilt for our guild's show on the frame yesterday afternoon and started quilting it. It is about 7/8 of the way done. Wow hoo. I would have finished it last night but after all the standing and heavy lifting my legs and feet were crying out for a little R&R. So DH and I watched a Sherlock Holmes movie.

I have invitations to get ready and send out, registration for quilt retreat to mail, along with ordering supplies for 2 fabric dyeing workshops I will be doing in July and August. Also I have to finish that quilt on the frame so I can get to doing another one.

Remember to thank someone today for their service to you. It could be the waitress at your favorite restaraunt, the clerk at the grocery store, or the service repair man whom you call to fix something, a delivery person or perhaps the postal worker who brings your mail everyday rain or shine. When we were on vacation, I came to see these people as true blessings. They were working hard at their jobs in order for me to enjoy the luxury of a vacation that was not a necessity. How ofen do we think we deserve something at the expense of someone else and then we don't appreciate the effort that was required for us to have it or worse off complain about the service we received? Let's not take any effort made for granted, we have no idea what that other person is going through.

Have a great day.

No comments: