Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy day

I had a wonderful day yesterday with DS, his girlfriend and her mom. The day itself weather wise was beautiful. Not too hot, sunny, and over all a beautiful day. God's world is full of beauty and entertainment if we just take the time to notice and appreciate it. While we were at the apartment we watched the birds and chipmunks antics. The manager is working at getting the pool cleaned up and ready to open for the summer. They take good care of the grounds. Once we girls left the apartment to do a little shopping we found a really great antique store. BTW, I didn't buy anything even though it was DH's and my wedding anniversary, and I could have felt I deserved it, I didn't find anything that I truly wanted at least at a price I was willing to pay. There is also a fantastic farmers market close by that we scouted out. They had a lot of local homemade jams, soup mixes and great looking fresh produce. They also had lots of plants. Lovely hanging baskets and flats of annuals.

We asked for recommendations for a good place to eat while we were at the antique store and the gentleman told us we had to try Tinitinque Tavern, he told us how to get there which sounded like a long ways away but he reassured us it was just a mile or two away. We found our way there and we were rewarded with a great meal and lovely atmosphere. The menu was handed to us on a clip board and was about 10 pages long. They had just about anything you could want and they prices were reasonable, which once we got the meal we realized just how reasonable. Let me show you.

I ordered the reuben and the presentation of the meal was just as good as the taste. Also I brought home as much as I ate so I have a 2nd meal out of it. Considering I will have had 2 lunches the cost per lunch is comparable to eating at a fast food place and the quality of the food supercedes any fast food fare. Here is a good picture of 2 people very happy with there menu choices.

We also got to see some great bridge architecture during our outing. I don't know the name of this bridge but I love the shape and the dark silouette against the sky.

It was hard to get a good picture of it in a moving car especially since we ourselves were on a bridge with iron supports every 10 feet or so.

On our way back to the apartment we stopped at a used book store. Wow this was the best organized and largest used book store I have ever been in. They had room upon room set up with bookshelves and displays and had everything marked as to genre. The prices were reasonable too. They had one of those signs like you see in the malls, you are here, and where different categories of books were. Very nice.

To finish off the day, DS made us a great meal on the grill as he has dubbed himself "The Grill Master". We had chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing and grill roasted veges. Yummy. We topped the meal off with juicy strawberries from the farmer's market.

It was almost 10:00 PM when I got home. It was a wonderful day spent with wonderful people enjoying God's wonderful world.
Have a great day and remember to be thankful for those great days you get to spend with friends and family.

No comments: