Thursday, May 24, 2012

Yesterday was a very productive day. I got a lot done inside and outside the house. First, while it was nice, cool and shady, I went out to work in the flower beds. I got some of my plants in the ground but not as many as I wanted. I did do a lot of clean up though. Here is a picture of what I did get planted.

A local artisan carved the eagle. I love eagles and this majestic one sitting there as though he is guarding the property, keeping an ever watchful eye on what is happening on his watch makes me smile everytime I go by. The tall plants in the back are black eyed susans and I planted the salvia and gerber daisies in front. Here is another angle of the eagle which includes the clematis that is on the trellis. It is covered in blooms. I haven't counted them but there must be a least 75. One year I did count them and I had over 100 blooms at the same time. They do really well there.

The inside projects that I got done were picking my new area rug and getting it into place. Here is a pic of the rug although it is difficult to get it in context with the furniture. You will have to trust me when I say that it compliments the room very well.

The rug that we did have in this room now went to my office space and here is what that looks like.


I also worked in my studio on the t-shirt quilt. I have the back done and the front is ready to add the borders to and then the quilting can begin.

Yesterday was a very productive day. My goal is to make today as productive. I have so much to do before we head off to Hawaii. The only way I am going to be able to get it all done is by the grace of God. He gives me the strength to breathe so without Him I couldn't do anything. He is so good to us. He loves us so much that He wants us to give Him all of our cares and concerns. 1 Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. The smallest thing that concerns us is a big enough problem in God's eyes to bring to Him. He isn't just interested in the problems that are too big for us to handle. He wants all of us. All of us, that means ALL. Everything. Try telling Him what you are concerned about today, not in a pleading type of prayer, but just like you are talking to your best friend. He has answered many of my concerns that I wouldn't even say are life shattering and He did it just because He loves me and wants to take care of me. The Bible says in James 4:2 "...You don't have what you want because you don't ask God for it." Well, why aren't you asking? God has everything you could ever need and He is not stingy or greedy, wanting to keep it for Himself, no, He wants to freely and lavishly give it to you.

I pray that you have a good day, no, a great day. Remember to do a kind deed for someone you know today.

No comments: