Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Post treatment day...

Well, as I predicted yesterday was a very long day. I got up at 5:30 to be ready to hit the road by 6:30. I didn't get a phone call as to what time I was supposed to be there so I aimed at being there at 8:30. We ran into some bad traffic and then GPS directed us to go another way than our regular route so we ended up going round about, up and down, in and out at which time I finally saw a street name that I recognized and I said we are almost there. By the time we "valet" parked, yes they have valet parking, and we went to the rest room and signed in at the desk it was 8:25. Not bad for all the mis-turns we had. I think the worst part of the day for me is the driving in Pittsburgh, especially when TomTom takes me on a weird route. I don't know why TomTom changed the route. I didn't miss a turn or anything for it to recalculate a different route, it took us that way from the get go. Anyhow, the treatment part of the day went without hitch. I met a woman from Fredonia who is getting treatment. We chatted a bit and exchanged phone numbers in case we ever needed someone to ride with us to treatments. When it was time to go, 5-6 nurses came over with a cupcake for me and sang Happy Birthday to me. That was really sweet. They do take good care of you while you are there, always asking you if you need anything, a volunteer comes by with drinks, a lunch cart with sandwiches and soup and also with snacks. I got a ton of birthday wishes via Facebook and calls from my darling kids. My dear friend, Tina went with me so I had good company and lots of time to visit with her. We stopped at Cranberry for supper on the way home. A first for me was trying a fried pickle. It was pretty good. By the time I got home I was pretty tired. I slept really well last night.

Today, Tina is coming over and we are going to the plant/produce auction. She wants to get me some flowers and plants AND she is going to help me get them planted. How sweet is that of her. She knows I am not able to get all the outside work done by myself that I want and she has made herself available to do what ever to help me. I will post pictures of what we get done today.

I need to go and get some inside work done before she gets here so I need to close this post. Have a great day and remember to be thankful for those birthdays, that means we have made it through another year, with hopes and dreams for another one that can be as great as we expect because we know who ultimately holds our future in His hands.

No comments: