Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Unraveling? or Breaking?

Today is Prime Timers group and errand day. I also have a Drs. appointment this afternoon, so it is a full day, DS also moves into his apartment today if all the paper work is finished. I had a fitfull sleep last night so this morning I am dragging. I hope that I get the energy to make it through the day without too much struggle.

There won't be too much work on quilting projects today I don't think, unless I can do some later afternoon or evening. I have a lot of things that are started that I need to make an extra effort to get completed. Do you find that it is more fun to start a new project instead of finishing up ones that are nearly done? Many times I just need to start on a fresh idea before I lose the passion for it and then I lose the passion for the other project that is near completion. I will take time to finish up my Tabacco Bay wallhanging that I started in October. I have the machine quilting to do but my thread is a bit finicky and breaks frequently so it was not a fun process. Here is a photo of it in case you forgot what it was.
The machine quilting is usually the part I love the most but not when I have trouble with the thread breaking constantly. I have been having the same problem on the baby quilt that I am working on too, different thread this time so perhaps it is not the thread. It is frustrating when you have good intentions and you keep having things happen that prevent you from completing what ever it is. But that is life, we can either get angry, give up on it, figure out another way to get it done. The most important thing to remember is that you don't have to do it by yourself. When life gets too messy, there is One who wants to be included in the mix of helping to straighten it all out. Jesus is always by your side and available to help no matter what. He is just waiting for an invitation to get His hands dirty for you. He doesn't insist on you letting Him help you but He is always there whenever you need Him. I think I am preaching to the choir this morning. I need Him. Come help me out, Lord. There is too much for me to cope with.

Well, I hope you have a good day and remember to be thankful for something, and do a kind deed for someone today.


No comments: