Thursday, January 12, 2012

Quilting group get together

Today is our quilting group's work day. We get together, twice a month to work on our own projects, or to work some on the group raffle quilt, eat lunch and fellowship. It is a great time to exchange ideas and we have show and tell time to share our latest projects that we have completed or near completion. I have 2 baby quilts to share. I guess I can take just one because they are both identical. I plan on taking my items needed to make the blocks for the raffle quilt, then I can leave them with the rest. Many of the group will be going on a quilter's retreat next weekend so I am sure that there will be lots of talk about that and excitement. I need to get some lunch ready to take. I made a big pot of ham and cabbage soup yesterday, I think I will put it in my crock pot and take it to share for lunch. Yum and done.

I made this little zippered tote last night while talking on the phone with my sister in law. Yes that is how easy it is and how quick it is to put together. I did have it all cut out before she called, I don't think I could have done the cutting while talking to her.
Here it is.
My friend, Tina, gave me the pattern for this and it is available in 3 sizes. This is the small size. I made it for my quilt retreat secret sister. Now to get other small items together that she can put in it.

Well, that is it for today. Remember to do a kind deed for someone today (I ironed up a bunch of shirts for DH yesterday), and express gratitude for something or someone in your life.
Have a great and blessed day.

No comments: