Friday, January 13, 2012

Snow

It is beginning to look like winter outside, just in time for a trip to Harrisburg, a 3 1/2 hour drive. My sister-in-law and family are moving this weekend. Too bad it couldn't have been last weekend when it was 60 degrees and sunny. We have what we have and today and tomorrow are the days, we shall roll with the punches. This is what it looks like right now.

Out the front door.

Yesterday was our quilt work day. I managed to get 2 small zippered bags done, and my flip flop blocks for the raffle quilt. I also made another set of pillow cases once I got back home. The soup went over well, still had enough left over to bring back some for DH.

Speaking of DH, when he came home from school he had 2 basketball jerseys in his hands with a look that said I need you to do something for me. It seems that they have a new boy in school who plays basket ball who is 6' 5" and 325 lbs. and they need a jersey that will fit him so he is able to play basket ball tonight. So out of 2 shirts I made one that fit him. I did it up right then and he ran it up to the school (as BB practice was still going on). The young man tried it on and it fit. Yeah, because I had no idea how to make it any bigger. So he brought me back a pair of their shorts to put a side slit in them so that he could move less restricted. Hopefully, he will be able to wear these for the entire season. I have to do the home jersey today. At least I know what needs to be done and the best way to do it now. It will be easier. I will have to go to a game so I can meet this kid. I think I will know him without introduction. LOL.

Well, I will be off to Harrisburg this afternoon so I need to get to the studio and get some work done. Have a great day and remember to be grateful for something, (I am grateful that
s-i-l and family will be closer to us after this move) and do some kind deed for someone, (mine was the jersey yesterday.) Be safe and warm.

No comments: