Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Focus

Here we are looking into a new year. Are you hoping for something new and exciting for this year? Are you hoping that this year will bring comfort and peace? Are you hoping that you will get through another year no worse off than it started? Where do you look for strength and inspiration? Do you float a long going with whatever tide pushes you forward or backwards? What are your goals and aspirations? We tend to think about things like this at the start of a new year, make resolutions that we are pretty sure we won't keep up with after the second week or so. How are you going to make this year look different than the last?

My goals and aspirations are not important in the scheme of things. I need to know what God's plans and desires for my life are. That will give me a new focus on what this new year should look like and something to work towards, with His help of course. Nothing that I can do on my own will ever match up to what He has designed for me. I need to keep His plan, His will forever in my forethoughts if I am going to have a life that really matters.

So for this year I plan on walking it out with my Lord and Savior, Jesus, and see where He takes me. I think it will be a great adventure and I am sure that I am not ready for it but He will not ever leave me a lone to face it in my own strength. I am excited to see where He takes me. I also pray that you will let Him take you on the most exciting adventure of your life. I will be sure to share all the exciting things that occur over the year. How can I be sure that there will be exciting things in store for me? I found my destiny in the scriptures.

Jeremiah 29:11-14 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land."

This is what I am believing and basing my decisions on for the new year. I hope you find your destiny in the Word of God also and that this year will be the best year ever.

No comments: