Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Follow up on retreat posts

I want to share some more of the projects that I got done this weekend. The first is my major project that I wanted to get done. I have had these blocks for at least 1 1/2 years. I had participated in an online group that did a block exchange. We each had a month that we sent out directions, fabric, and ideas of what we would like for a block. Each month we had to make one block to return to the person who's turn it was that month to receive the blocks. I asked for Dresden Plate blocks done in Christmas fabrics. I sent 4 fabrics along and asked that they be used in the blocks and to coordinate the colors to them, that way there would be some continuity. I also wanted the backgrounds to be pieced in a four patch using white on whites and cream on creams. So I received 13 blocks back. I only needed 12 for this so I will use the extra one to make a pillow. I finally got the blocks sewn together and added a border stripe print and here it is.
I couldn't get the entire quilt in the photo but you get the idea. I am so happy, now I just have to get a backing for it and quilt it. It is twin size. I would have liked it to be larger but it will be good for the couch at Christmas time or the day bed in my office.

The second photo here is of the mystery quilt that we did. We were given the cutting instructions before the retreat so that we could do all the prep work at home. I found it very hard to decide on my fabric choices when I did not know what I was going to be making, but I must say that I am very pleased with the end results. I hope you like it too.
These 2 projects took up the most time but as you can see I have 2 great projects to finish up by doing my favorite part, the machine quilting.

That is it for today. Tomorrow I will share my last 2 projects. That will allow me to share the quilt that was returned this week on Friday. So I hope this will inspire you to get some projects out and get them finished up.

Remember to be grateful for something, (I am grateful for hard work and the rewards of seeing projects advancing), and do some act of kindness for someone else, (mine-I added straps to the dress I altered for a customer who just found out there could not be strapless dresses at the dance and relieved that stress from her.)

Have a great day.

No comments: