Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekend busyness

This weekend has been a busy and challenging weekend. I have been working on finishing up projects for the craft sale at our church this upcoming weekend. It didn't help that my main sewing machine had some problems and I had to take her (her name is Lilly), to the dealer for repairs. So I am using my second machine which I usually have set up to do my regular piecing and sewing on. I don't use it for my free motion quilting usually. So that was my Saturday trip, out into the wild chaos of shoppers. I did stop at the local shopping mall and visited the antique store that is there on my way home. I am always on the look out for great vintage linens to make quilted items out of. Yesterday was Sunday school, church, lunch out, we picked up some take out also and swung by my brothers apartment and dropped that off to him, he has been sick the last week. Home then and a short nap. Up and quilting on an oriental piece that I want to have done for Saturday's sale. DH came in late and I watched the 2nd half of the Steelers game with him and then went to bed. The sad news from the weekend is that our sweet little Abby, a 5 yr. old beagle, died this weekend. She was found in the yard. She was so sweet, I will miss her. Our other beagle, Georgie, is sad too. I think she knows because she doesn't want to go outside by herself.
Today, I plan on working on laundry while I am quilting on these last minute projects. I also have to run out and get a door prize and snacks for tomorrows Prime Timers get together. It is a get together of those 55 and older from the community that meets at our church for fellowship, entertainment and good food. Tomorrows meal is pot luck so I also have to get a dish of some sort together to share. Lots to get done today so I am off to get started. Have a great day and I hope you do something to share the love of Christ today.

No comments: