Friday, November 18, 2011

Cleaning up studio to move forward

After I got home from the airport yesterday, I spent the afternoon cleaning up my studio. It turned out to be a very productive day. Here is a photo of how messy it gets when I am in that creative work mode and don't take any time to tidy up as I go along, which never happens when I am deep into a project. Every flat surface gets taken over by all my stuff that I am using or that doesn't have a home.
This is from the doorway of my studio. In this photo, it shows you that every flat surface gets taken over by all my stuff.
Now to prove to you that I did indeed clean up.
As I was cleaning up my studio, I came across this little pillow cover that I made, it is Sashiko dragonflies, while on the quilt trip to Vermont this summer. It has been to the stage of needing stuffed for months and I had picked up a pillow form still in its original wrapper at Goodwill, I decided to get it done so I wouldn't have to keep moving it from one place to another when cleaning up. This is not one of my original projects on my list from yesterday but since it only took about 15 minutes to complete I decided it was worth doing right then and there instead of having it continue to clutter up my work surfaces and my mind. It is really cute.
I also got 3 t-shirts finished for the craft sale. So over all, yesterday was a very productive day.

No comments: