Thursday, December 20, 2012

Wind is howling...

I wonder what today will bring, as I sit down to begin this post the wind is howling outside. Checking the weather it looks like we are in for some rain today. I need to go to town and do some banking so I will do that as soon as I finish this post before it rolls in. Yesterday's trip to Pittsburgh and back was uneventful. The scans were done in a timely manner but then I had to sit for 2 1/2 hours before I saw the dr, when he came in he had tons of questions about my symptoms that I had had which have all since resolved themselves and never did tell me the results of the scans. I was 20 minutes down the road before I realized that we never discussed them. I am scheduled for my next treatment on the 28th so I am sure nothing has changed or that would have been cancelled. Anyways, on the way home I stopped in Cranberry at the Joann's Fabric Store and I picked up 2 Accuquilt Go die cutters. Remember last week I got the fabric cutter, well I have been interested in a couple of their applique shape cutters. Well, this Joanne's had both of them and they were on sale for 25% off. In the future I will have to wait till they go on sale for more because you can't use the store coupons for the Accuquilt products. Bummer, but I am sure that they will put them on sale once in a while for 50% off. I just have to be ready when they do. Anyways, when I got home I went to work cutting out some shapes and just playing around with ideas and I whipped fused up these 2 pieces.
I had the background already prepped to do another Laura Wasilowski inspired design on it and I think the flowers looking like they are blowing away in the wind is so cute. Who knew that today the wind could whip those little flowers into the next county.
For this second piece I cut out a 13" square to lay out some of the shapes that I had cut out onto and came up with this adorable center block for a table runner, I am still weighing in the option to add some cutouts to the beige end pieces but what I really want to do there is some great fancy quilting so if I do add some applique it would be to enhance the quilting instead of the quilting to enhance the applique. It was such great fun. I broke my rule though and had to pay for it. I didn't stop playing with this last night until 10:00 and then I couldn't fall asleep until after 12:30. I heard Jeff come in from his office at 12:30 and still couldn't fall asleep for a while after that. I know better than to do any creative work after 8 PM but I was having sooo much fun. Normally, after a trip to Pittsburgh I am so wiped out that I don't have the energy to do anything so this was a bonus. Today, I am going to work on some Christmas gifts for next week's party for the Sewjourner's group. I need 5 and I know what I want to make so I just have to get them cranked out. It will be fun too (although it won't involve any applique shapes).

I am off to town and then back to work on those gifts so I need to get moving. I pray that you will have a wonderful day and don't get blown away by any howling winds. Be safe and happy this Christmas season.

No comments: