Friday, November 16, 2012

Quilting done, but still 2 more things to do...

I managed to get the quilting done on my quilt yesterday.
I need to come up with a name for it. Does anyone have any suggestions? The label needs to be added to it yet so I need a good name. What mood does it evoke to you?
Please leave me any suggestions in the comments below.

I still need to make the last 2 journal covers and I have been a little bit in a funk about it. I'm just not sure what I want to do for them. Oh well, I won't get much done today on those as I am going to Tina's to help her with her design wall/doors for her closet this morning and then we are going to a quilt trunk show this evening. It's another fun filled day. Maybe I will get some inspiration while out today.
In the meantime I am going to go to the studio and clean up the mess I made while creating. Do you do the same thing that I do? Pull out lots of fabrics to work from, cut and piece or fuse and leave everything out and about until the project is done and then you look around and it looks like a tornado went through? I have fabric scraps everywhere, fabric thrown all over, threads all over the floor, paper scraps littering all the surfaces. I need to go down now and start cleaning it all up. In the middle of all of that I was doing laundry and I still have all my towels folded and waiting to be put away. So much activity takes place in my little studio and sometimes I just have to stop and put everything away so that I can begin the whole process over again. LOL...

So have a great day and don't be afraid to make a mess and be creative. We have Thanksgiving coming up next week and I know many of my family and friends will be in the kitchen making a mess while creating a wonderful meal for their families. Creativity comes in all forms. Get out there and do it, be messy.

No comments: