Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Moving right along...

It seems that I have been making good progress in the studio. Before I went on the quilt retreat, I put together a basket of hand work to do in the evenings and I had projects lined up to quilt for the craft sale in early December. The 2 large quilts are now done for the UMW ladies. This is a photo of the 2nd quilt.

I finished up all the things that were in my basket, mostly cutting out shapes for another table runner,
Holly leaves and berries and some flower motifs.
Some embroidery embellishing work on a winter scene wallhanging.
I just have to do the binding work on this piece.
I even did a little additional quilting on the "surprise piece".

Today, I plan on quilting the 3 table runners that are prepped and that will be the end of the things that are waiting to be finished. I have this crazy idea for some cool journal covers I want make so that just might be my hand work in the evenings. I get so excited when ideas and quilts are just crying out in my head to be made. It is so hard to contain myself at times. Well, instead of trying to come up with more to say here I might as well get myself down to the studio and get to work. It is all calling to me.

Have a safe and prosperous day.

No comments: