Thursday, August 30, 2012

Working hard at catching up...

I spent a lot of time yesterday doing small odd jobs to try to catch up on getting lots done. First of all, I have found out that I hate to call to schedule appointments, which leads me to my hair cut appointment yesterday. I scheduled it like 3 months ago. So I went and before I left I made the scheduled the next hair cut. I like that, I don't have to think about calling and then put it off for several weeks and then when I simply can't stand it anymore call and wait another couple weeks to get in. I don't know why I resist this so much but anyways, it is done and scheduled. I have a photo to share with the new glasses and the haircut but you probably won't notice much difference from before. No extreme changes.

After the cut, I stopped at Staples, I had just received a rewards certificate in the mail with $9.00, and since I needed a wide tipped Sharpie marker to finish my barn block I figured I would get it there. I got a 4 pack and also picked up a pack of printer paper as you can never have too much of that on hand. It was so nice to go into a store and not have to pull out your wallet to pay. I still have $1.02 credit to use again. Nice. So speaking of the Sharpies, I added the finishing touches on my barn block.
This final step takes the piece from ok to Wow!
By the time I finished up my other errands, I got home around 3:00 and started quilting on the t-shirt quilt. Here are some pics of that
And a detail shot. The quilting is going rather quickly on this except for the frequent thread breaks I have had. I have tried everything I know and it is slightly less frequent but still enough to be annoying. I have good thread too so that is not the problem. Speaking of thread I need to place an order for somemore thread, I am getting low. I have to do that today.

We tried out a new recipe for dinner and it was very good. It was Foil Wrapped Chicken Pockets. Brown rice, chicken breast, artichoke hearts quartered and cherry tomatoes placed on the foil, drizzled with Kraft Zesty Italian dressing, wrapped up and baked for 30 minutes in the oven. Yummy. After dinner mom-in-law and I went for a walk at Lake Wilhelm. It was a beautiful evening at the lake.

So my plans for today are to finish quilting that top, get the binding made and attach it so I can have some hand work to do this evening when I am watching TV and relaxing. I also have to make that order for the thread and I need to call AFLAC. Those are my goals to accomplish today. I will let you know tomorrow how I did.

Have a great day and remember to enjoy the day. Can you believe it is the end of August already? I am not even going to ask where did the summer go to, I want to know where has this year gone to???



No comments: