Thursday, May 17, 2012

Progress made...

I worked long and hard yesterday on the t-shirt quilt and I got all the colored t-shirts pieced together. It is like a jigsaw puzzle trying to get all the different sized pieces sewn together to make a cohesive and attractive top. I have not yet added the borders since I am not sure just how large the other side made up of the black and white t-shirts will be. I would like to keep them roughly the same size internally (the t-shirt part) and adjust the outer border on which ever one needs to be made a little larger in order to get it on the frame to quilt. Here is a picture of what I have done so far.

Here are a few picturesof my Mother's day gifts. DS came home last weekend and carried this beauty in for me. I thanked his girl-friend because I knew that she had a lot to do with prompting him to get it for me (I also thanked him.)

I told him he did good. He even remembered that my favorite color is purple. What a guy. Thanks Dan.

When we came home from dinner Saturday night this was sitting on the door step. It is from DD in Hawaii.
I also got phone calls from all of the kids on Sunday.

I have one more gift that I received. It is from DD in Texas.

It is a beautiful photo album of our trip to Bermuda the summer of 2010. She put it together on Shutterfly. The quality of the photos are beautiful and it is such a great keepsake of a wonderful trip together.

Thank you all for such a great Mother's Day. I even got a free ice cream sundae at the local twin kiss. I forgot to mention that I was also invited by DS to go to the local winery with him, his girl-friend and her parents. We purchased their wine glass which came filled with your wine of choice and sat on the patio there and chatted. The weather cooled off rather quickly but we did not get rained upon. It was a rather full day.

Thanks everyone for the memories.

Have a great day and be thankful for some small thing today.

No comments: