Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I'm back....

Well, as you can see I didn't post anything at all yesterday. I have a good reason for that. I went to Pittsburgh yesterday and spent the day with DS and his girl-friend. We had a wonderful day. I got down there and we visited, he showed me all around the apartment and all the projects that they had gotten done. The apartment now looks homey and comfortable. It is amazing what a woman's touch can do to warm up an otherwise bland utilitarian space. I think DS lived on the aircraft carrier too long and forgot how to make a space comfortable and inviting. We ran out to Target to return a previous purchase that wouldn't work for them and picked up a few things. They needed wall anchors so they could hang a wine rack and some other odds and ends. Once we got back we started lunch. He has declared himself, "The Grill Master," and he had prepared to wow me with his grilling skills. He marinated chicken breasts in Italian dressing overnight, and did roasted vegetables. He has his technique and timing down pat and presented us with a plate full of delicous juicy and very flavorful chicken and perfectly roasted potatoes, onions and peppers. It was all delicious. After lunch we chatted for a while and then we got down to some serious board game playing. The whole day was a lot of fun.

Some other things that I got done this week were, running errands for my brother who recently got out of the hospital. I picked up some groceries. Hung some curtains in the living room. Took pictures of my irises, they were beautiful this year, unfortunately they are almost spent already. I am glad I got some pictures before they are all gone. I bought some ornamental Japanese Maple trees at a local produce/plant auction and DS helped me get them planted.

My goal for today, if nothing happens to change the plans, is to work on a t-shirt quilt for a customer. I did play with the arrangement of the t-shirts for the back of this quilt over the weekend. It is going to be a double sided quilt with t-shirts on front and back. I have never done this before so I am really trying hard to figure out the best way to get the best results.

Here are some photos of the trees and my irises.





Well, that is it for today. I hope you enjoy the photos.
Have a great day and be thankful for something that you know you don't deserve.

No comments: