Friday, May 18, 2012

More than enough...

It's Friday. Yeah. Tomorrow is a fun road trip for our quilt group. We always have a lot of fun when we get together. I heard that the weather is also supposed to be beautiful so another great bonus. God is so good to give us good friends to encourage us and lift us up when we need it and to have some good times together. I really do not believe God frowns upon us when we are enjoying ourselves, that He is waiting to smack us if we start to have too much fun. We need to keep our activities worthwhile and not just do what ever our fleshly desires pull us towards. An example would be not to spend money that I don't have on more fabric that I don't need just because I have to have it but He is not against me finding a great deal on something that will improve life or help someone else out.

I have come to the point in my life that I don't need to have all the latest stuff, the newest fashion trends, the fastest cell phone, the best of anything. I am content with what I have, and I can admire something that someone else has without desiring it for myself. Yes, I have needs, but I am learning to let God supply them and not get all wrapped up in trying to get them for myself. A good example of this is the new living room furniture we got recently. We gave our old sofa to our son for his apartment. He took it several weeks ago and I had been searching online and store shopping for several months for something that I loved, not just liked. Well, our living room was bare for a couple weeks and I decided that I wasn't going to look for it anymore. God would have to provide the perfect sofa. I knew what I didn't want but couldn't find much that I did want. So one day, DH calls me just after he left for work and told me to check out Craigslist. There was a set just advertised the day before and it might be something I would like. Long story short, checked it out, it far exceeded what I had hoped for, it was used but it didn't have a scuff mark or any wear on it at all, a sofa and love seat for less than I could have gotten just the sofa for, (heck probably cheaper than the love seat, if new.)

(Photo of the love seat.) We brought it home and it fits beautifully and looks great. This reminds me of the scripture: Philippians 4:19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Do you believe that He cares enough about you to help you, like He helped me find the sofa that I desired, get what you most desire? God is a good God, He is love. How can we honestly think that He doesn't care about what happens to us. Sometimes we are just too stubborn to ask for His help until we are completely at our last wit's end. Why do we do that to ourselves? Here I am content with less and God gives me the best. I love my new sofa and love seat but not more than I love the One who provided it for me. I love my God and Jesus His awesome Son. He makes life worthwhile, considering He is the one who made this life for us. He is life. If you have less life than you want then go to the author of life and get some of His. He loves you with an amazing love that never fails.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and thank God for the life you have. Let Him reveal to you the life He wants you to have because my friend it will be "...exceedingly, abudantly, above and beyond all you could ever hope ask or think of." Ephesians 3:20

No comments: