Friday, May 11, 2012

Accomplishments

Yesterday was our quilt group's work day. We meet the 2nd Thursday of the month to work on what ever projects we might have. Many times we work on the raffle quilt for our quilt show held the last Saturday in September. As far as that quilt, the top is done and the backing chosen and it was passed off to me to do the quilting. It is an adorable and colorful flip flop quilt. The theme of our quilt show this year is "If the shoe fits." That brings me up to 9 quilts for others to get done and one more that I have been asked to do for the show that I don't have yet. I need to get super busy. Anyhow, my project yesterday was to work on cutting and fusing more t-shirts. I got the stack of white ones done before I left yesterday and just have the stack of black ones yet to do. Of course it was the largest stack out of the 4, but the good news is that I have 3 stacks done. Today's project is to get the black ones done, then the fun part comes of putting them all together. I would like to have this quilt done by the 21st, but I think that will be pushing it a bit. I might need another week. By the time I got home from there my energy was running on the low side, I took a short nap, around 20 minutes and felt ready to go again.

We went to pick up the new/used sofa and love seat last night so I had to move furniture around so we could get it in through the back door and into the living room. So while I had it all moved I vaccuumed the rugs good. They are in really nice shape virtually brand new, brown leather with nail head trim and curved backs. The previous owners said that they hardly ever sat in them, they had a TV room where they always hung out and so these hardly had any use. I couldn't find any scuffs or scratches on them at all (until an unfortunate bump into the stone chimney on the way out to the truck scuffed up a corner a little). Photo to come once everything is in proper place.

Well, I need to get to work early today so I can get those t-shirts done and some more projects yet to be determined done. I have been going somewhere everyday this week so I haven't been home to get my own stuff done. Tomorrow is a road trip day and so I need to get as much done today as possible.

I saw something on facebook a while back that has stuck with me and made me think. It was, "What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?" That might not be a direct quote but that was the jist of it. So have a wonderful day and be thankful that it is Friday and the weekend is here and for what ever you know you would want to wake up with tomorrow.

No comments: