Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yesterday was a traumatic day

I did not know how bad my mental abilities had gotten until I tried to balance my business checkbook yesterday. It shouldn't have taken long as I never had more than 10 transactions in a month, (I am very bad about balancing my bank book with my statements, so I had all of 2011 to do). I could not add or subtract to save my life, even with the calculator I couldn't get anything to reconcile on the first go around, even July's statement that only had 1, I repeat 1, transaction. Oh did my head hurt afterwards. The good news is that I had more money than I thought. Do you ever forget to record a deposit in your register? Well, I did not only once but 3 times. Good for me that it wasn't the other way around. Needless to say I had a headache when I got done. Now to do the same thing with my main account, the good news is I am not as far behind on it. I promise myself I will not let myself get into this same situation again. I will balance my check book every month.

I am working through my piles of papers and will be cleaning out my file cabinets and getting them to make sense to the way I file papers. When we got this file cabinet,
I just transferred everything I had into it from my small plastic file drawers and did not take the time to really sort through papers and make my files organized. So that will be on my list of things to tackle in the weeks to come. The top 2 drawers are full of files and the bottom 2 hold extra papers and misc. stuff. (I am even hiding away picture frames in one of them.) I have to work hard at getting everything organized this year.

Tomorrow is the first day of a quilting retreat that I am going to. I will post about it next week. I am so ready to go on this retreat, it is my reward for the hard work I have been doing with my bank statements. My 2 hardest chores to do: reconciling bank statements and ironing clothes, if it is fabric for my stash I love to iron but not clothes. I have to work on that this year and quit putting off the tasks that I don't like.
Here is this morning sunrise.
The colors in the photo do not do justice to the true colors of the sunrise. It is a glorious peachy golden color with a band of cranberry. Just beautiful.
Have a great day and be grateful for something today, (I am grateful that my bank book register is balanced.) and do something kind for yourself today. If you aren't kind to you then it will be hard to be kind to someone else.


No comments: