Friday, October 5, 2012

Another fun weekend...

Today, I head over to MM's(as she is affectionately referred to) house for a weekend of quilting/crafting and fellowship. We have been getting together for decades for a weekend of crafting, renewal and friendship. The members in the group have changed somewhat due to deaths and relocations but it is the same core members that have brought us together through the years. It is a great time to get together, encourage one another, support one another through hard times and seeing the growth we have made in our crafting expertise. I am so excited to be a part of this group and to share my talents with them and to gain fresh insight also.

I spent most of yesterday packing for this weekend. Truth be told I spent most of the day looking for the legs that go on my extension table. These legs.
I looked in every drawer, every basket, every tin, every nook and cranny searching for these things. I had given up and texted Tina to see if I could borrow her legs from her extension table. Unfortunately, hers were not the same as mine so I borrowed her complete extension table, which also did not work with my machine. I was just about ready to give up again when I remembered that I had moved a set of Rubbermaid drawers into another room, so I went digging through all of those drawers. Finally, I found them in a plastic baggie, which I figured would be the case, in about the 5th drawer down. I am never going to lose those babies again.
Too much drama and work for 6 little peg like legs.
In the meantime this is what my studio looed like while trying to pack up enough of the right supplies for the weekend.
The large tote on the right is not going with me, it is my quilted items for the craft sale in December, the smaller tote holds all my fabrics and supplies. The plastic garbage bag in front are t-shirts that I am taking to do the prep work of fusing interfacing to and cutting out the logos for the last t-shirt quilt of the year, maybe. If I do anymore this year it will be for family.

Here are 2 photos of the last quilt I quilted. It is a t-shirt/sweatshirt quilt done with all Steeler's shirts. The background fabric was a mottled black and she used gold stripes occasionally to fill in some of the sashing areas. It was a very nice t-shirt style quilt. I used the "cathedral windows" motif that is on their helmet as the motif for the borders.


The customer was very pleased with this and so was I. I am going to remember that idea if I have another Steeler's quilt to do in the future.

Well, I need to go get my stuff packed into the car so I can get over to MM's after lunch.

Have a great weekend and remember to enjoy the beautiful fall days. It has been beautiful here. The trees are glorious shades of red, orange, gold and greens. Spectacular. I love fall.



No comments: